Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Missing Amp Models

roddo

I recently purchased a Pod Go in September.  Played through it for a about an hour just to see if it functioned correctly and to demo some of the amp sounds. I had to go on a business trip for a few weeks and now back home I started to go through the presets with my guitar and bass. When i selected the bass amp models there a number of bass amps missing. So I went ahead and installed the Pod Go Editor, followed the update instructions and the Pod Go updated to 1.30 hoping the missing bass amp models would  appear.  Nope.   I  tried the factory rest with the same results, missing certain bass amp presets.

These are what is missing from the bass amps:

Ampeg SVT-4

Cali 400 Ch2

Del Sol 300

Busy One Ch 1

Busy One Ch2

Busy One Jump

Studio Tube Pre

Is there anyway to install the the missing Presets or does my Pod Go need to be returned?

3 minutes ago, roddo said:

The Editor on my PC and my Pod Go have the exact same Presets.  The Pod Go Editor and the Pod GO both have the 1.30 update.

Oh... I missed that you're talking presets... When I read your post earlier, I assumed you were talking about the models themselves. I just double-checked, and there are no factory presets using those models, at least that are named after the model like the other models.

Your Pod Go firmware probably does include those amp models. But it seems there are no factory presets that explicitly name/use them. You can create your own presets that use them by selecting them from the amp models list that appears when you add/change an amp model during preset editing.

1 hour ago, roddo said:

In the Pod Go Edit-Pilot's Guide v1.30, it lists the amps (presets?) in the section listing the "Amp/Preamp Models".  So I would assume my Pod Go should include those missing amp/preamp models.

You’re confusing the presets with the models. Presets are a particular signal chain using certain blocks. The models are the actual amp, cab and effects that you can use to build those presets.

The models are all there, it’s just there aren’t any factory presets using them. There are quite a few models, most probably, that don’t show up in any factory presets.

Thank you for the replies and info. I'll experiment with the Pod Go as soon as I can. I love the form factor and what the unit is capable of. It does more than i actually need, but options are always a plus.