Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Delay send level control?

aviavi123

Hi. I'm trying to create a setting on my HX Stomp where I can control the send level to a delay - much like one would do on a mixing board/DAW with a delay on a bus - with an expression pedal. I've tried using a split path, with the delay on a secondary path, where I control the input to the delay with either a split or volume pedal block, but I always end up with volume level uneveness when I try this split method (with the delay-on path being quieter than the delay bypass path). Can anyone think of a way to achieve a delay send control? Thanks.

Not sure what you're after, but try this:

With the delay on the B Split, set the delay mix to 100%, then assign the expression pedal to control the level of Path B at the Mix Block.

Set the Expression Pedal's MIN/MAX where you want them.

• Upvote 1

Thanks rd2rk. I was able to figure it out and smooth out the level difference by assigning mix block levels to the same footswitch as the delay/split block to compensate for volume difference because of split.  If anyone is interested, here is the HX Stomp XL patch for this routing. Maybe there's a better way to do this, but for now this works. 

delay send.hlx