Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to undo a preset change

lespool79

I was messing with preset 05B.  I wanted to make some changes and copy it into a user folder with the name "CURE" bc I thought it was a good starting point to recreate the tone from she sells sanctuary.  So I copied it (I thought) and pasted it into the user folder but it pasted in the last preset I messed with.  I tried to change the name to "CURE" but then it over wrote the actual preset 05B name with that and I don't know how to get that 05b preset name back to its original state.  I wanted to copy 05b and then adjust it. But it looks like 05b wasn't able to be copied?  I didn't want to make adjustments to the actual 05b.  Any way to get that original preset and its name back?

38 minutes ago, lespool79 said:

Any way to get that original preset and its name back?

Well, each setlist can have a preset tagged as 05B, so your not giving us much to go on here - there's 8 possibilities to choose from.

Simply on the strength of saying you were using it as starting point for another patch then I'm going to guess this is one of the Factory Presets.

As you're new to this I won't go through the full procedure of backing up your Helix, then using "Extract from Backup" to pull out the original Factory lists, or using "Restore from Backup" to simply replace the ones in your Helix - it would take too long. Therefore, please find attached both 05B presets from the Factory defaults.

05B Interstate Zed is from Factory 1

05B Chorus Crooner is from Factory 2

Remember - Aways work on a copy (copy first - mess second)

Chorus Crooner.hlx

Interstate Zed.hlx

• Upvote 1

Thank you.  Interstate Zed was the name.  I don't think I changed any settings other than the name but I was able to load your .hlx file.  I also managed to change the name back to Interstate Zed.  

I have been trying to copy a preset into the user folder and then make adjustments.  Thank you for your response (also, clearly I mean CULT, not CURE.... duh).  

My workflow is as follows: I have 2 folders with all of my presets:  One folder where everything is and another as a redundant backup. 

Every time I make any changes, I create a backup of the Helix, and email myself the backup file.  Things go wrong, presets get overwritten accidentally so it's very convenient to "version" your presets and back up everything. 

7 hours ago, lespool79 said:

I mean CULT, not CURE

Hi,

Oh, that one. As you are constructing a tone for that song, here’s a link to a “She Sells Sanctuary” patch, by Chad Huskey. It’s probably always best to create your own presets, but you may want to it use for comparison, reference or study.

https://line6.com/customtone/tone/3817099/

• Like 1