Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX EDIT UPDATE

SvenJonzy

Hi you lovely lot. I had a full day of bugs and glitches yesterday which resulted in my back up dot even working after a factory reset and I've lost EVERYTHING! :(

My last issue was that when copying and pasting blocks or presets I would loose all sound on that preset and nothing would get it back. All blocks would disappear and only a factory reset would get sound back on that bank/preset. When I tried to import back ups it was corrupted :( ... I've accepted this. There are worse things happening in the world! 

I have found on this forum that someone had a 'similar' problem and updating their 'HX EDIT' software on their PC resolved it.

I am about to try this as I have just noticed  my EDIT software version is only 2.7 while the Stomp unit is at 3.11.

My question now is this - Do I need to update the EDIT consecutively from 2.7... i.e. 2.71 then 2.8 ...and so on or can I go straight to the latest version?

Any help much appreciated :)

You can go straight to the latest version of HX Edit which is v3.15.

I suggest you update both HX Edit and your Helix device. You will find detailed installation instructions on the Downloads pages. Start by downloading and installing HX Edit v3.15 and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

• Upvote 1

As @silverheadindicated following the instructions will walk you through the update process. Just wanted to mention that after updating to HX Edit 3.15 you will need to update the firmware to 3.15 as well. Don't forget the backup, factory reset, and restore. There is also a 3.15 version of Native available.

Btw, how are you restoring backups? I own a Helix and not a Stomp, but I believe the process is the same. You may want to try the 'Restore From Backup' command under the file menu in HX Edit rather than trying to import your setlist, as you indicated above. You may be able to recover your presets. The Restore.. command is what you use after an upgrade as it restores presets, defaults, favorites, and global settings. Good luck!

• Upvote 1