Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Name of the standard presets are "lost"

Tonymf

Hi,

I have bought a brand new HX Stomp XL in the box and I have performed the firmware update via the firmware updater (from 3.02.0 to 3.15.0)

I can see that are many presets already in the HX Stomp XL with many effects etc....but there are no names associated with these presets. They are all labeled as "new preset" although there are effects in the presets (which are not from me but as standard in the HX Stomp XL I suppose).

How can I get these names?

I mean it would also be ok for me just to rename these one by one if I would know the names of the standard presets.

Any idea how I could solve this?

The New Preset name is the name assigned in the factory setlist, so that’s normal. However they are empty in their factory state. If you have a New Preset that has amp/FX blocks in it that may mean your device is not brand new. Depending on where you bought it it’s possible that it was a demo unit or returned under warranty. That’s not necessarily a problem if it’s behaving properly. 

You can always perform a factory reset to make sure all presets are restored to their factory state.

What concerns me is that you state you did the upgrade through the Firmware updater.  But if that's the case you could very likely have a mismatch with the version of HX Edit and the firmware.  The command and suggested method of updates is to follow the update instructions and use HX Edit for the upgrade of HX Edit, the device drivers and the firmware all in one place.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:08 PM, silverhead said:

The New Preset name is the name assigned in the factory setlist, so that’s normal. However they are empty in their factory state. If you have a New Preset that has amp/FX blocks in it that may mean your device is not brand new. Depending on where you bought it it’s possible that it was a demo unit or returned under warranty. That’s not necessarily a problem if it’s behaving properly. 

You can always perform a factory reset to make sure all presets are restored to their factory state.

I just did the factory reset and all factory stock presets are now available, together with their names.

Thanks!

On 3/11/2022 at 1:11 PM, DunedinDragon said:

What concerns me is that you state you did the upgrade through the Firmware updater.  But if that's the case you could very likely have a mismatch with the version of HX Edit and the firmware.  The command and suggested method of updates is to follow the update instructions and use HX Edit for the upgrade of HX Edit, the device drivers and the firmware all in one place.

I meant to have read (in this forum?) that doing the firmware update with the firmware updater was a better and safer way than doing the firmware within HX Edit.

Of course, this method does not inform the user to backup the presets etc.....and I suppose that this is why Line 6 advise the users to use HX Edit. Just my guess.

But after doing the firmware update to 3.15 on my HX Stomp XL, I re-checked in my fresh installed HX Edit 3.15 and no update was available.

I have now performed an hardware reset on my HX Stomp XL, holding down the foot switches C and while turning the unit on and holding them down until the screen pops up, and the factory presets are now there with their names this time.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:43 PM, Tonymf said:

I meant to have read (in this forum?) that doing the firmware update with the firmware updater was a better and safer way than doing the firmware within HX Edit.…..

That is incorrect. Use HX Edit.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:43 PM, Tonymf said:

But after doing the firmware update to 3.15 on my HX Stomp XL, I re-checked in my fresh installed HX Edit 3.15 and no update was available.…

Correct.  HX Edit detected that your device was up to date at 3.15.

On 3/12/2022 at 11:53 AM, silverhead said:

That is incorrect. Use HX Edit.

But in the description of the "Line 6 Updater" the Helix, HX Stomp etc...are also included...

If Line 6 recommends to use - only - the HX Edit software to perform the update, I would suggest them to exclude to list the Helix, HX stomp, POD and Effects devices in their description of the Line 6 Updater software - otherwise there will be further confusion. Like for me.

(I did use the Line 6 Updater however for my PowerCab 112+)

On 3/12/2022 at 3:10 PM, Tonymf said:

But in the description of the "Line 6 Updater" the Helix, HX Stomp etc...are also included...

If Line 6 recommends to use - only - the HX Edit software to perform the update, I would suggest them to exclude to list the Helix, HX stomp, POD and Effects devices in their description of the Line 6 Updater software - otherwise there will be further confusion. Like for me.

(I did use the Line 6 Updater however for my PowerCab 112+)

Actually all of this stuff is specifically covered in the instructions for downloading the update posted at the top of this Forum.  Next time just follow the instructions there and you should be fine.

On 3/12/2022 at 12:18 PM, DunedinDragon said:

Actually all of this stuff is specifically covered in the instructions for downloading the update posted at the top of this Forum.  Next time just follow the instructions there and you should be fine.

OK! Will do!

• 9 months later...