Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Royal Blood Using an HX STOMP

MattSkillet9

Good morning,

I've seen a lot of posts about getting the Royal Blood dual channel setup.  Another person had asked if the PodGo can support the processing.  My question is this:  If I were to split my signal ahead of time, and send my "bass" channel through an entirely different system, can the HX Stomp or the Pod GO handle the "guitar" channel itself?  This would entail raising the octave, adding a 5th, dialing out the original octave (1 pitch block), an amp, cab, and distortion/other effect.  I know how many blocks each of these models have, but pitch shifting can limit block usage.  Would I be ok with an HX Stomp XL for this?

I don't understand everything you write like adding a 5th, or what the royal blood dual channel setup means. Dialling out the original octave i think can be done in pitch shifting plugin.

I'm using split channel all the time with my hx stomp, for two guitars mainly with amps/ir's/tubescreamer for both channels. If you need polyphonic pitch shifting it eats about half of the DSP, it's very hungry. You might get away with what you want with zero/very low DSP on the bass split and a DSP starved amp/distortion for the guitar.

I've never looked into the Royal Blood or their gear but I get what you're trying to do. I think it really depends on which amp/cab you want to use for your core guitar sound.

There's a DSP usage spreadsheet (or maybe it's a website, I can't remember?) floating around this forum that someone maintains that you could use to estimate how much you'd use with the blocks you want - I watched one of John Cordy's videos recently all about the pitch effects in the HX Stomp and he got some quite meaty signal paths going

The HX Stomp XL is just a rehoused HX Stomp with extra switches so you'll have the same limitations in processing power

EDIT: Found the website