Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX edit 3.11 wont update to 3.15 but Firmware updated to 3.15

Booshganoosh1986

Trying to update Line 6 HX edit to 3.15. Following installation instructions but update does not happen with HX edit. Was able to update Helix floor to 3.15 but do not see any of the updates listed on line 6 site (new amps, pedals etc.)

I have tried every option listed in this thread but it is not working.

Any help is appreciated.

If you've tried EVERYTHING in this thread, then your computer must be defective.

Corrupted OS. Bad memory. A witch's curse. Could be many things.

Since you don't specify what KIND (make/model/specs) of computer you have (it matters), no one can suggest what to do next.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:15 PM, Booshganoosh1986 said:

Running MACOS Catalina Version 10.15.4

32GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Sorry for not including this previously 

OK! I'm a PC guy, so hopefully one of the ever helpful MAC guys will take it from here.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 9:55 PM, Booshganoosh1986 said:

Trying to update Line 6 HX edit to 3.15. Following installation instructions but update does not happen with HX edit. Was able to update Helix floor to 3.15 but do not see any of the updates listed on line 6 site (new amps, pedals etc.)

I have tried every option listed in this thread but it is not working.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

if you managed to update your Firmware to 3.15 you must have used HX Edit to preform the procedure, which includes doing a backup of your hardware.

The update Release notes for v3.15 states:

If you're running HX Edit 3.01 or higher (released on Feb 2, 2021), just connect Helix/HX to your computer via USB and launch HX Edit. The software will walk you through the entire procedure, including backing everything up to your computer and updating both HX Edit and your Helix/HX firmware. If you're running an older version of HX Edit, you must update it before updating your Helix/HX hardware.

Also it states:

I updated but why don't I see [Model X]?

HX Edit can't magically see new models added to your Helix/HX hardware; you must update HX Edit as well (which you would've done had you followed "How do I update to 3.15?" above). Here's a link to HX Edit 3.15:

You mention that you are using a Mac, and my guess is that what is actually happening is you might be linking back to an alias of your previous copy of HX Edit. Either that, or you are using Firefox to download the update package. Sometimes when using Firefox, if it is allowed to handle the file unpacking it can be “confused’ with an earlier download and open the wrong version. If this is correct, alter your Firefox Prefs to make sure you are in control of the package download, or use Safari.

Double check all your versions by doing a “get info” on all the files.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

There was this too.

Edited by datacommando
added link
  • Upvote 1