Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Input noise much higher on Helix Native than Helix Floor?

dmcasas

I've set up the same exact high-gain preset on Helix floor and Helix Native. When I plug my guitar into the floor I get a standard amount of noise. But when I plug the guitar into my audio interface to record with Native, the noise is much higher and I have to set the noise gate much higher, but the dry input signal is at a pretty similar level than the Helix Floor. I wonder if this is normal with audio interfaces. I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen with the INST mode enabled when I plug guitar directly. Do you know any way to reduce the input noise from the interface? Thanks

Make sure your audio interface is properly grounded, and you are using a high-Z input for your guitar. Also check the outputs of your computer and speakers. Noise could be created there if there's improper grounding or poor gain staging. The noise could be created in your interface's converters and preamps. I have no problems with Helix Native and noise, so I don't think there's an issue in the plugin.