Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

STEREO HELIX with a CAB (cab minus cab sim)

beardnoise

i have a Helix LT and have built a lovely patch using all 4 lanes to provide modelling of two amps and two cabs its built similar to this: 

this is fantastic for my IEM feed for monitoring and FOH.... however i want to link to an amp for some stage volume. i noticed the pod GO has a dedicated line out (minus the cab sim) for just this purpose. is there anyway of splitting one more time to loose the cab sim? or would line6 be able to update the software to add this? any ideas?

Place a SEND directly before the CAB simulation. Set the SEND to "instrument level" and connect it to an amp. 

Anything after the send will not make it to the amp... so you might need to re-work the presets a little. 

Another option (what I do) is use a small FRFR on stage for some stage volume. This gets the exact same feed as the FOH/IEM/Monitors... I leave that connected to the BIG VOLUME so I can dial in whatever amount of FRFR (stage volume) I want without effecting the FOH or Monitors. 

• Like 1

this patch is for bass so i'm using the actual amp of the woody blue model straight into the power amp in on the actual amp. idea being i'm modelling the amp that i own! into its matching cab. i need to use the amp sim as my actual amp needs a service but the power amp section is fine! bit convoluted i know but i have high hopes for it!