Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Helix/HX Stomp Driver Conflict Following 2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11

Muiren

This issue has been a problem for way too long. For me, the only real way to work on patches is with HXEdit - working on the board itself is painful. While I was forgiving of delays in getting their drivers up to date, it is clear that Line 6 simply does not value their customer's security and for some where they don't have the ability to turn off security, basic usability. If you're going to make a "high-tech" product there are basic expectations and those are not being met. Currently I keep a laptop which isn't used on the network for interfacing to the Helix, but that is a stupid (although safe and viable) solution. I'm tired of waiting, and that means that it's time for me to look at alternatives to Line 6. And for me to warn others in the music community of what they will face if they look to Helix. Fractal, here I come....

On 4/23/2023 at 1:41 PM, CardinalFlyer said:

This issue has been a problem for way too long. For me, the only real way to work on patches is with HXEdit - working on the board itself is painful. While I was forgiving of delays in getting their drivers up to date, it is clear that Line 6 simply does not value their customer's security and for some where they don't have the ability to turn off security, basic usability. If you're going to make a "high-tech" product there are basic expectations and those are not being met. Currently I keep a laptop which isn't used on the network for interfacing to the Helix, but that is a stupid (although safe and viable) solution. I'm tired of waiting, and that means that it's time for me to look at alternatives to Line 6. And for me to warn others in the music community of what they will face if they look to Helix. Fractal, here I come....

You are SO right! What a HORRIBLE POS the Helix is! And what a terrible, inconsiderate company Line6 is!

I feel SO bad for you! Tell you what - I'll give you tree fiddy for your trashy Helix, and even pay the freight!

That should get you well on your way to the magical land of Fractal!

Let me know when you're ready to ship... I'll be playing the excellent new 3.6 amps and editing the presets with my antique Win10 laptop.

The HORRORS these capitalist pigs force us to endure!

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

I found by adding the entire Line6 folder to the "Exclusions" part of Microsoft Defender, that message about "l6helix_avsfilter.sys" goes away. After excluding that folder I seem to have full functionality with my Helix talking to my (win 11) pc.

Might be worth a shot.

• 5 months later...

I gave up and decided to use a Focusrite Scarlett interface with the Helix connected via TRS cable. This setup works great and allows more options. Helix Edit works fine plugged into USB, I guess they just didn't want to spend money developing audio drivers anymore. You can be sure Focusrite will update drivers.

I'm fine with them concentrating on the awesome amp updates they've been releasing, especially considering how old the Helix is. What other piece of electronics gear of any type do you know of that still gets new features and updates that make it like a new device after 11 years?

I also have a Pod Go wireless.

Surface Pro 8