Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FS LED part on fullcompass?

theElevators

Hi gang.... yet again lol!

So I took my Helix to be repaired (for the glitchy switches that don't always engage).  Well, the switches now engage just fine, but one of the FS now is glitching with the LED color ring.  It's great, isn't it?  Fix one thing, break another? 

It seems like the right side of the ring doesn't work with red colors.  Blue colors are fine.  For white, I have the right side as blue, while the left side is white.  And the default red just looks dim on one side.  I'm pretty sure the person used too much contact cleaner... the LED is not completely dead.

So my question is: could somebody point me to the part on fullcompass, so I could order it?   Much appreciated. 

thanks!

d

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 6.22.57 PM.png

UPDATE: as I secretly suspected, the LED is now working fine -- it was indeed over-soaked with deOxIT or some other contact cleaner... took about 7 hours.  

I will wait for a few more days to report back, whether the problematic LED is 100% back to normal.  However, it seems like whatever "stuff" was there is drying out and the LED has been gradually working better and better.  Initially, the whole side was not working, then blue/green started working.  Then finally red.  Now it's back to its former red glow. 

Part information:

"

Here is the part number for the footswitch LED. 18-26-0011

Full Compass does not have a listing for it, so you would need to call them or email them directly for pricing. We have them in stock, so they would be able to get one to you.

"

Each LED element costs $2.  I just went in and ordered 4 for the future.  And ordered a bunch of microswitches on Amazon as well (since they tend to fail). 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/21/2022 at 9:44 AM, CraigGT said:

You need serious soldering skills to replace one of those LEDs, I know because I've done one.

Craig

20201210_082111-large.thumb.jpg.b55a3aef866da456c8b5d4746d6d68a7.jpg

Yes, it's outrageous.  Why not have an entire foot switch assembly that you can replace the whole thing: foot switch, 2 LEDs... with those plugs you can unplug the bad one and plug in a new one....

I know the answer... So you'd buy a new Helix haha.