Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any Idea when Helix Native will be good for macOS Ventura?

avanveld

On 10/26/2022 at 2:26 PM, avanveld said:

I'm fine on Monterey 12.6 but now trying to plan for Ventura upgrade eventually.

Hi,

There are no Line staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums!”

Line 6 are pretty reticent about tell anyone what they are working on, but my guess is it will happen eventually. We're all still waiting for the Firmware and Native update to version 3.2. which has been quite some time in development. Since Apple continue to pursue the continual changes to their Operating Systems it become an endless game of catch up. As Ventura was not even on the distant horizon when the 3.2 Helix Firmware was been devised, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Being on the "bleeding" edge of technology isn't such a great idea. It could bring the whole house of cards down again, therefore my thoughts on this are "avoid being an early adopter - let someone else have all the teething troubles of a shiny new OS". I have been using Apple Macintosh from the Mac Plus unto the present day and I used to update to every new model as soon as they hit the streets. Not anymore, I'm still running Catalina on a 27" iMac Retina 5k with 32GB of RAM. It just works.

Hope this helps/makes sense

oh certainly....I waited a long time to move to Monterey and Line6 was the last publisher for me. I'm not in a hurry for Ventura (or any new OS) because I know they'll have plenty of early 1.x revisions as well. Figured I'd ask since my laptop asked me this morning if I wanted to upgrade (auto upgrades are turned OFF).

Tks/Peace

On 10/26/2022 at 7:11 PM, avanveld said:

Figured I'd ask since my laptop asked me this morning if I wanted to upgrade (auto upgrades are turned OFF).

As I mentioned previously, it will happen, but there is no defined timeline AFAIK. 

Yep, I saw that Ventura update this a.m. and liked you I always ensure that the auto updates are “Off”. I decide what I install.