Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connectivity Issues POD Studio UX2 to iMac 2022

Hello everyone! I’m stuck in a dilemma. I recently purchased a new computer. A 2022 iMac. Prior to having the iMac I had a MacBook Pro 2012. I tried connecting my PODStudio UX2 to my new computer and seeing as though Line 6 Monkey is no longer supported for new Apple products, I downloaded the license manager (most recent software). I also downloaded the most recent drivers that in theory should support my UX2 to my iMac. Guess again, upon scanning for my devices my iMac was found, but not my UX2! I tried uninstalling the newest driver and downloading the previous 7.6.8 driver. Again, no luck. I tried downloading Rosetta 2.0 as a workaround to emulate Apple’s Intel processor from previous apple products and again, no luck. I have ruled out practically every variable with a technician over email and cannot seem to find what the issue is. Is it finally time I put my UX2 to rest and move onto Scarlet? 

• 1 month later...

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

What you need to do is to enable kernel extensions on your mac! 

Just make sure that you have the latest drivers downloaded, then follow these steps: 

Go to system preferences - security & privacy - general. Then under "allow apps downloaded from" you should see a box where it says "enable system extensions". Click on the locker in the bottom left corner, then click "enable system extensions". Then follow the steps in this video: 

After this you Line6 licenser should be able to recognise your audio interface. 

Good luck! 

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/19/2023 at 8:32 PM, dempsey6 said:

Doesn't work with the new os Sonoma 14.1.1 macbook  2021 M1 pro

Hi,

Have you tried using the new Utility for managing your Line 6 products?

Line 6 Central is the new Line 6 device management platform. The modern user interface in Line 6 Central brings a simple and clear experience for keeping all your Line 6 gear updated with the latest firmware.

This version of Line 6 Central supports the following device families:

• Helix (Helix, Helix Rack, Helix LT)
  • HX (HX Effects, HX Stomp, HX Stomp XL, HX One)
  • POD Go (POD Go, POD Go Wireless)
  • Catalyst (60/100/200)
  • DL4 Mk II
  • Spider V (20/30/60/120/120HC/30 MkII/60 MkII/120 MkII/120HC MkII)
  • FBV Mk III
  • G70/G75
  • G10 (G10/G10S/G10T/G10TII)
  • AMPLIFi (30/75/150/FX/TT)
  • Firehawk (FX/1500)
  • POD HD500 (HD500/Pro/Bean/500X/Pro X)
  • Tyler Variax (59/69/89/Standard/Shuriken)
  • POD Studio (UX1/UX2/GX)
  • Toneport (UX1/UX2/GX/DI)
  • Variax (300/600/500/700/VUI)

Support for Powercab will be coming soon.

Compatible OS: Mac OS X, macOS Big Sur, macOS Monterey, macOS Ventura, macOS Sonoma

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 3 months later...