Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Combining Snapshots into a new Preset - How/Help?

directglobal

I'd like to combine snapshots that I have and use more often into a new preset (and save them as snapshots there). Not sure how to do this correctly.

I was told that you can copy and paste as you would normally anything else, even copy/paste blocks from one preset to another. Is there a video or something on how to do this? THX

You can copy/past snapshots within a preset but not across presets. You can copy and paste blocks across presets. You will need to do what you want manually (after starting by copying/pasting the most representative preset). Note that the preset configuration (amp, cab, FX block selection and order) must be specified for the preset overall, including all snapshots. You can't have one snapshot that contains a certain amp/fx block and one that doesn't. They must all contain the same amp/fx blocks. Snapshots allow you to turn a subset of these on and off, but you can't add/remove them.

Is your preset block configuration the same? If that's true then the quick way would be to make a "template" and use that. However, It sounds like you have, for example, a snapshot that adjusts more than one parameter on more than one block but the rest of the preset has other blocks you don't want. There is no quick way to do that. You could delete all of the blocks that aren't part of your most complicated snapshot and just copy that preset. Then, you would at least start with one snapshot you want.