Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looking for these IR'S

a6strng

On 12/23/2022 at 3:53 PM, a6strng said:

if anyone knows where i can get them. Thank you

Hi,

Best guess as to who would know what they are is whoever posted the preset to CustomTone. Try giving them a shout directly

It doesn't help that you didn't give a name, or a link to the preset, because there are literally millions of IRs out there in the world to choose from, and unless they are in the public domain you will have to pay for them. Usually they are sold in packs that may contain hundreds of cabs shot with different mics and you only really want the 2 used in this preset. Why not simply play around with the new Helix options for the Marshall 4x12 Greenbacks, and the 4x12 1960 T75 models and see how close you can get. 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 12/23/2022 at 8:15 PM, a6strng said:

Just edited the post to show origin. Thanks

Hi,

I just had a look at the link for @hernan93, and in the description where he mentions those particular IRs he also states:

“If you don't have the IRs please set it with the stock 1960 T75 and 83 cond mic, 1,25 distance, low-cut 80, hi-cut 12000.”

That is essentially what I suggested in my previous post.

Plus - you should note that unless you are using the same guitar, pickups, string gauge (and brand), monitor system and environment - any preset downloaded from CustomTone will sound different to the way the guy who posted it thinks it does. Best thing is to “roll your own” and use the download as a reference file only.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1