Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX STOMP : effect allowing to detune only one guitar string ?

BertrandA

Hello everybody,

On HX STOMP, is it possible to create an effect allowing to detune only one guitar string ?

For me only E bass to B and I don't use chords, only notes. Using pitch with threshold filter ? i don't know...

Thank you in advance for your opinions or tips.

Cordially.

No, at least in terms of affecting only one string.

However, you say you only play notes, not chords. Depending on your tempo and foot-tapping accuracy you may be able to use a Pitch effect that detunes all strings the appropriate amount. Then you turn that FX block on/off as required each time you play the single note that you want detuned. Not sure how practical this would be but it is a technical solution.

Only on a Variax guitar/bass you can change the tuning.  Otherwise, as others have mentioned, there is no way to downtune only one string on a conventional guitar. 

Try the poly capo feature, however.  You may be able to rework your songs/parts to be able to play in low B-tuning.  Here's a video where I show how to create low tuning of the entire guitar digitally.