Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Playback using guitar pro 6

dvenom77

Ok my old MacBook Pro 17 late 2011

Using Guitar pro 6 I can’t get any sound from guitar pro to the helix 

without it bogging down super slow

if I use the lab top speakers it works fine but can’t get sound to headphones through helix 

any ideas ? 

Man, you need to provide some better description if you want some help. :)

If you are using Helix as audio interface, there is nothing different than any other audio interface.

Too much latency? Try a smaller buffer size, or an higher sample rate.

Clicks and pops? Optimize your sistem for real time audio.

Dont use USB hubs.

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2023 at 1:12 PM, dvenom77 said:

Ok my old MacBook Pro 17 late 2011

Using Guitar pro 6 I can’t get any sound from guitar pro to the helix 

without it bogging down super slow

if I use the lab top speakers it works fine but can’t get sound to headphones through helix 

any ideas ? 

Hi,

Posting the same question twice is not necessary - please don’t cross post as it will become even more complicated than it already is!

You stated your Mac model and year, but not the OS you’re running - AFAIK, the newest fully functional operating system for that model would be High Sierra - Mac OS 10.13.x. However, you should still be able to configure your MBP to use the Helix as the default audio interface. This can be done using the Audio/MIDI Setup app in the Utilities folder on your computer. The Helix would also need to be selected as the audio interface to be used in Guitar Pro 6, or your DAW - (Logic Pro X, GarageBand, etc.).

Details on using the Helix as audio interface over USB is fully documented in the Helix Owner’s Manual on page 68.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f041b611d61cac763b/application/pdf/Helix 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev F - English .pdf

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Oh, yeah - “Yes but it doesn’t work it makes gp6 run real slow”.
Have you considered updating you almost 12 year old computer and a Tablature Editor released in 2010?

Thanks for the replies

sorry did not mean to post it twice 

yeah my laptop old and it’s out dated  just trying to see if I can get this to work b4 I spend 2500 on a new hardware 

thank for link I’ll try reading 

through that to see if I missing 

something which I’m sure I am 

Thanks again for the replies it got me thinking maybe I'm missing a driver. So I went to downloads on line 6 download page and

tried installing the latest driver and it kicked me out saying my osx is non compatible.

This one worked for me problem solved 

Line 6 Helix Driver2

Version 1.1.0
Released 3/16/21

• Upvote 1