Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rebuilding ALL presets at every startup

Rkoo

Recently my Helix LT (3.01) started to rebuild a few presets. I think it was due to copying / pasting them to a few different locations.

As it is a bit worrying to have such a bug at every startup I took a backup, reset the Helix and restored from the recent backup.

After this the Helix rebuilt ALL presets at every startup instead of just the few.

Now I've tried the following :

- updated the Edit software, took a new backup, reset the Helix and restored from backup -> still rebuilds all presets at every startup

- reset the Helix, imported only the presets I really need -> rebuilds the imported presets at every startup

- forced the Helix to rebuild presets at startup -> rebuilds the presets at every startup

What should I try next? There's really no way I can start from scratch, there's just too much legacy involved in the presets - many live projects depend on the presets, there is just too much that could go wrong if starting the build from scratch.

I'd hate to rely on a product live that takes forever to boot going through a process like this. Too risky to have a digital appliance that does not boot right.

• 1 year later...

From what I've gathered a reset fixes this.

My hunch is that it's related to a corrupt preset. If you can remember which preset you saved last before this issue started to happen and delete it - that *might* fix the issue.

It would be nice if you report back if that helped (so that other people benefit from your experience).