Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects: first press after powering up leads to total crash!!!???

rudomat

has anybody had the same problem...? after powering up, the hx effects shows everything right...then, when i switch the first preset button, the light stops shining and the unit crashes...??? no sound can be heard....no switch does work...

support told me to update the unit to version 3.50 via HX Edit 3.51, then perform a factory reset on the HX Effects, turn on HX Effects, wait for "Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets..." ...etc.

actually those problems came after 3.5....but i did all that, everything seemed to work fine and now it crashed again...that's a real problem for me because i use the hx fx for switching my amp channels and other midi fx as well...(4CM)...now when that happens live i'm in real trouble...

On 2/15/2023 at 9:06 AM, rudomat said:

actually those problems came after 3.5....but i did all that, everything seemed to work fine and now it crashed again...

Hi,

You have around here long enough to realise that when weird stuff starts to happen, the general response is to perform a factory reset, and if that doesn’t fix the issue, re-install the latest firmware.

Your HX Effects is essentially a computer and the firmware is required to make it run correctly. If there is a glitch - reset and reload. If it should continue have problems after that, then you really need a Line 6 technician to help fix it.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Check this thread:

Edited by datacommando
Added link