Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 firmware question ...

Beacher

Thank's for the info.

Wow .. so you can't even use the midi on the HD500 as an IO tool to the DT25 ?? Disconnect the Link just use midi cables?

I may have to acquire a midi interface. Sad to have to buy one for just that purpose? I don't use or need midi for anything else.

I do have a Behringer XR18 "Stage Box"  with midi IO, also some older Digidesign products (Digi 003 and Eleven Rack) both with Midi IO that might also work? If my (fading memory) serves me well, I think I may have used the 003 in the past to look at my first DT25 (I just bought another one used). I am not sure what firmware my first DT25 is at? The one I just bought is at 2.0. Is that the latest (possibly the last) version?

I am wanting to set up a stereo rig (part of the reason for the 2nd DT25) and I am assuming for the amps to work properly together they both should be at the same firmware? I will link them with a digital link cable as I do from the POD to the first DT. 

Update.

I managed to get this to work using a Digi 003 (for the midi interface, which I still have but never use), Mac OS Yosemite (10.10.5). The Digi drivers for the 003 are supported on Yosemite and Monkey 1.78 also runs. Monkey saw the DT25 and confirmed that the Firmware was already at 2.0. Bonus. Both my DT25 Heads are now confirmed at the same Firmware. Odd though, the Behringer XR18 did NOT work via the midi ports. The computer saw the XR18 by USB but Monkey did not see the DT25 through it.

The moral of the story is .... sometimes it pays off to keep some old gear around. I never saw myself using the 003 again but today it saved me having to buy a USB-Midi interface. BTW, the connection from the computer to 003 was via "Firewire" (the 003 is not a USB interface !!) ... yes, I keep an old computer around for that too.

A "happy camper" today.