Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No signal from right output

akistner91

I'm trying to do the amp/FOH signal split. Everything I have set to go through the A/Left is coming through, but I've got no signal on the B/right with the amp block. I've tried panning both the split and send blocks every which way, and if I pan the A to the right I get no signal. I hope I'm just missing something simple but am starting to worry. 

Firmware and HX Edit are up to date, and cables have been ruled out. 

try the same with a sample factory preset -- do you hear right and left?  What about a "blank" preset that has just your guitar signal going through.  Do you hear both sides?

If yes, then it's your preset that has an issue.  Maybe you can share it here.  But first we need to eliminate the obvious (user error), so try with something that we know is supposed to work out of the box. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure why you are doing an Amp/FOH as separate L&R signal paths. The way I solve the issue of having an Amp on stage, and plugging the helix direct into the PA is with a send block. You put the send block just before the amp. Just be aware if you use a mono send block, everything after that point is summed back to mono.

On 2/19/2023 at 7:23 PM, rd2rk said:

Specify what you're using (HXS? Floor? LT? Rack?), what you're sending to (amp? PA? Stuffed Buffalo?) and attach a copy of the preset for analysis (NOT a screenshot!).

It's an HX stomp. Trying to send the left signal with cab sim to FOH/IEMs. Trying to send the right to my amp. 

On 2/19/2023 at 7:26 PM, theElevators said:

try the same with a sample factory preset -- do you hear right and left?  What about a "blank" preset that has just your guitar signal going through.  Do you hear both sides?

If yes, then it's your preset that has an issue.  Maybe you can share it here.  But first we need to eliminate the obvious (user error), so try with something that we know is supposed to work out of the box. 

Gave this a shot and it seems to work. I've attached the preset but I'll go through and turn off or delete each effect to see what's causing the issue.

On 2/19/2023 at 10:19 PM, SirNedwood said:

I'm not sure why you are doing an Amp/FOH as separate L&R signal paths. The way I solve the issue of having an Amp on stage, and plugging the helix direct into the PA is with a send block. You put the send block just before the amp. Just be aware if you use a mono send block, everything after that point is summed back to mono.

I was under the impression it's possible to split without a send block. It's a HXS so blocks are limited.

80s AF.hlx

The MAIN Outs are balanced, therefore better for a long run to FOH, which is why the more common method is to place a SEND before the A+C and take that to your stage amp/monitor.

To avoid the need to burn a block, take the SEND L (TS cable from the SEND Jack) to a DI box if the distance to FOH is more than 20 feet to avoid possible noise/signal degradation. Less than 20 feet you should be OK, but in either scenario a DI Box also provides a Ground switch in case that's a problem.

Also, center the Pans on your SplitY or change it to an A/B Split with the default "Even Split" so that the full signal goes to both your amp and FOH.

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2023 at 8:46 PM, rd2rk said:

The MAIN Outs are balanced, therefore better for a long run to FOH, which is why the more common method is to place a SEND before the A+C and take that to your stage amp/monitor.

To avoid the need to burn a block, take the SEND L (TS cable from the SEND Jack) to a DI box if the distance to FOH is more than 20 feet to avoid possible noise/signal degradation. Less than 20 feet you should be OK, but in either scenario a DI Box also provides a Ground switch in case that's a problem.

Also, center the Pans on your SplitY or change it to an A/B Split with the default "Even Split" so that the full signal goes to both your amp and FOH.

I'm using the SEND L to run an external pedal as a block. Honestly at this point I'm ok with burning a block as a workaround, but I don't understand why this can't be accomplished with the SplitY. Does it matter if I'm using mono effects? 

On 2/21/2023 at 5:51 PM, akistner91 said:

I'm using the SEND L to run an external pedal as a block. Honestly at this point I'm ok with burning a block as a workaround, but I don't understand why this can't be accomplished with the SplitY. Does it matter if I'm using mono effects? 

So why didn't you attach THAT preset???

Attached is the solution. Your FX Loop L is pre-split so it goes to both sides, the amp+cab (Path B) comes out the RIGHT Main Out to FOH, Path A (with delay for demo purposes) comes out the LEFT Main Out.

80s AF Mod1.hlx

• Upvote 1