Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD 500HD in stereo question ...

Beacher

I am running dual preamps in the FX chain to get stereo from two DT25 amps using Line 6 Link. I believe you have to have two amp models for stereo? If that is NOT correct please let me know? All my effects are before the preamps and those that generate stereo (basically chorus and delay) seem to work. I did try putting both a Chorus and a Delay behind one amp model (before using dual) but it didn't seem to produce stereo?

With two amp models, the tone controls (including Drive and Channel Volume) on the POD only work for preamp A. Is there any way to have the POD control both amp models simultaneously?? BTW ... both preamp models are identical with identical settings. I have a feeling this is not possible but thought I would ask here. It is convenient at the gig sometimes to just lean down to the pod (instead of going to the actual amp itself) for amp tone tweaks when necessary.

On 2/23/2023 at 6:45 PM, Beacher said:

I am running dual preamps in the FX chain to get stereo from two DT25 amps using Line 6 Link. I believe you have to have two amp models for stereo? If that is NOT correct please let me know?

Based on L6 LINK Connectivity Guide for POD HD & DT Amplifiers when you connect two DT Amps they will automatically configure themselves for stereo operation.

The 1st DT amp will receive the POD HD left channel audio signal and the 2nd will receive the right channel audio.

So in POD it is not strictly necessary to set 2 equal amp models in the chain to obtain the signal in stereo from the set of 2 DT Amps, just one amp model is enough, unless: you want 2 different amp models at the same time or 2 different parallel chains of effects (path A & path B on POD, one on the left and one on the right), or you prefer the sound of stereo fx when placed before the amp model rather than after it but retaining the channels stereo separation.

With only one amp model in the chain, the stereo effects to remain stereo must be placed always after the amp model because the amp model monoizes everything that precedes it.

On 2/23/2023 at 6:45 PM, Beacher said:

With two amp models, the tone controls (including Drive and Channel Volume) on the POD only work for preamp A.

By doing as suggested above (with only one amp model A) there is no longer any need to have the amp controls knobs on POD affecting in sync also an equal amp B.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Hurghanico ... thanks for your response. I am going to revisit the experiment with one amp model and place a stereo delay after the amp model to see if I actually I do get stereo from it? I am pretty sure I have already tried it, and it didn't work, but I will post back after I try it again. I do NOT need two different amp models. If I can make one work and get stereo from some of the obvious effects (primarily Chorus and Delay) I'd be happy. I just did the two amp models (in parallel) as it seemed like the only way to get "stereo", although I did read the specs as you described which indicate you just need one amp model with the stereo effect placed AFTER the amp model (which makes total sense). Will report back.