Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Command Center to change Cali TX2 Shape?

AaronKerr1979

I know, I know, I COULD do this with snapshots easily. But I'm hardheaded, and very used to pedalboard mode. 

What I'd like to do is be able to switch between all three SHAPES of Cali Texas Channel 2 with one FS. Is this possible using command center in some way? I am aware of how to set it to switch between two modes, but how would I get it to cycle through all three? Again, I don't want to do snapshots (grumble at me all you want lol). Thanks for your time!

On 3/8/2023 at 8:12 PM, AaronKerr1979 said:

What I'd like to do is be able to switch between all three SHAPES of Cali Texas Channel 2 with one FS. Is this possible using command center in some way?

Yes. It's called SNAPSHOTS. You can use a single switch, in pedalboard (STOMP) mode, to select any of three snapshots.

Attached is a demo preset to show you how. FS1 (I created this on an HXS) works like this:

In SS1 (Normal) - PRESS to go to SS2 (Thick); HOLD to go to SS3 (Thicker)

In SS2 (Thick) - PRESS to go to SS3 (Thicker); HOLD to go to SS1 (Normal)

In SS3 (Thicker) - PRESS to go to SS2 (Thick); HOLD to go to SS1 (Normal)

EZ PZ! One switch, in STOMP Mode.

AaronKerr.hlx

to avoid snapshots use, the only way I can think of to do this would be using an expression pedal.  Using the sweep range to trigger the different modes.  Might have to play with the ranges of that setting so you knew where the changes would happen, but I've done this with other effects/parameters.  Or if you think of the modes as in 2 are rhythm-ish style tones and the 3rd is for that extra gear....then you could do the expression pedal for 2 modes and the exp switch to trigger the 3rd mode.  I've done this with the Poly Pitch Block.  Toe switch activates the block giving me -1 shifting, heel down gives me -2 shifting.   That is really only 2 'modes' if you will, but if you split the pedal travel between the two and then used toe switch....maybe.  

Rd2rk's method of stacking the snapshots in a way is the best approach.  and while its not necessarily the normal approach to snapshots, you could make it work on a single switch similar to what your asking in stomp mode.