Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

All my stereo presets sound suddenly in mono

akustyktak

First, check if the issue is not on Ableton side.  For example, in Logic Pro X, to record stereo, you need to first enable stereo on the track.  It'll be receiving USB 1 and USB 2 (left/right) 

Then, check in in/outs of global settings: USB 1/2 what is the destination?  Set it to Multi. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/12/2023 at 3:41 PM, akustyktak said:

It looks like the USB cable sends only mono (hoping it is not an inside issue) :
Pluging headphone on Helix directly, I hear the stereo.
I recorded on ABleton, and I have only mono...

Hi,

Technically all the USB outs (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6) from your Helix are mono, BUT when using stereo paths you need your DAW (Ableton) set to receive USB 1&2 as a stereo pair IN (Left and Right)

On the actual track you are recording, if the input is set to 1 or 2 or 3, etc, it means you will be recording from one mono input and, therefore, your recording will result in a mono recording.

If you set the input to 1/2, or 3/4, etc... then your input is stereo and the resulting file will be a stereo recording.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 2

Thanks theELevators and Datacommando.

Your replies guided me to ...my Focusrite interface. And there was the issue. The custom output (digital for Ableton + Analog for Helix) changed from 1-2 to 1...

Now it's all fine and in stereo !

Thanks again !

• Upvote 1