Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does the patch effect the EQ of streamed music

calelitecoach

Here is my setup and situation. Active bass - Helix LT - PC. Helix is connecto to PC via USB and I monitor from the headphone out of the Helix. When streaming audio from scorces like Youtube, Spotify, and the Moises app the music seems to be effected by the patch selected. Is there a way to allow the music to stream without being effected by the patch I choose? Does this make sence?

CEC

On 3/27/2023 at 12:26 AM, calelitecoach said:

Here is my setup and situation. Active bass - Helix LT - PC. Helix is connecto to PC via USB and I monitor from the headphone out of the Helix. When streaming audio from scorces like Youtube, Spotify, and the Moises app the music seems to be effected by the patch selected. Is there a way to allow the music to stream without being effected by the patch I choose? Does this make sence?

CEC

Hi,

Playback from your computer on USB 1/2 should not be processed by any effects in the patch. Check the setting on your PC.

From the Helix LT 3.0 Owners Manual - Global Settings > Ins/Outs - page 65

USB In 1/2 Destination

“If you like to jam along with iTunes, YouTubeTM, or your DAW, this setting determines from which of the Helix outputs your computer or iPad or iPhone mobile device’s primary stereo audio stream will be heard. USB In 1/2 bypasses all Helix processing; USB 3/4, 5/6, and 7/8 can be selected as input blocks for processing DAW tracks or re-amping. Normally, you should choose “Multi,” which sends USB In 1/2 directly to the 1/4", XLR, and Digital outputs.”

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f18374611d5dffd3a45/application/pdf/Helix LT 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev D - English .pdf

Hope this helps/ makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Music streaming from a Windows PC with Helix selected as Playback Device in the Sound Panel enters Helix over USB 1/2 at the Output, bypassing the entire signal chain. To prove this, just place a radical effect in the signal chain and stream music w/o playing over it.

The only way that streaming music can be affected by the signal chain is if you connect a streaming device to a physical input or specifically route it over USB to a Helix Input Block with FX in its Path using a DAW with Helix set as the DAW's ASIO Device.

IOW - by design, it's not something that can happen accidentally or through a wrong Global setting.

EDIT - seems @datacommandobeat me to it, but there ya go, confirmation from the silly manual.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1