Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix controlling multiple mid devices?

jcmathews

I'm a complete noob with midi, but I did figure out how to change presets on my Boss SY-200 with midi from my Helix LT, when I change presets or snapshots. Now I'm considering adding a vocal processor to my rig, and I'm wondering if there's a way to control both it and the SY-200 from my Helix. I assume that means I'd need to somehow daisy-chain the two pedals. If that's the case, how do I send two different midi commands with each pedal interpreting the right command? If it's just not possible without adding other hardware, I'd appreciate knowing that too -- thanks!

You can send commands to multiple devices just using the MIDI THRU on every next device, like Helix--->SY1000 (ACTIVE MIDI THRU)--->Vocal Processor

Then assign a dedicated MIDI channel to each device to prevent wrong assignments, like Helix on CH1, SY1000 on CH2 and Vocal Processor on CH3.

At this point all you have to do is to specify the Midi channel on the command so that only that specific channel will execute.

You can send a command per footswitch, one per pedal and six instant commands.

• Upvote 1

What you need to do is check that both devices you're connecting to have the ability to be linked together in chained fashion.  Most often this is done with MIDI in and MIDI out connectors like those on your Helix LT.  If the other units only have USB MIDI connectors you may need to get some additional hardware something like THIS

• Upvote 1