Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT vs Helix Rack

trugamer

Sorry on the website it says Line 6 Helix LT and Helix Floor has 63 amp and 37 cabs, but on the page of Helix Rack it says the Floor and Rack have 93 amps and 65 cabs.

I was thinking of buying the LT because I read it is the same as the Rack but has maybe less processing power and less I/Os. My setup is very simple so I'd only need the power of the LT.

So is does the LT have the same amp/cab/mutlieffect features as the rack?

Processing power of Helix Floor / LT / Rack is the same. Same sounds, same blocks, same processor.  With every new release, new amps/cabs get added, so that may be the source of discrepancy. 

What LT has fewer of (as opposed to the Floor / Rack):

1) no physical scribble strips, instead it has virtual ones

2) fewer in/outs: fewer loops, no XLR input, etc.

3) does not have 10 stomp mode, you can only assign things to 8 buttons in stomp mode. 

Rack allows you to have 3 expression pedals at the same time.

I don't see the need to get the rack personally, go for the Floor...  It's all self-contained, no remote is needed, etc. 

If you use snapshots, and run your guitar, and maybe use a couple of loops, you'll be fine on any of the 3 pieces of hardware.  For example, I use my Floor and LT interchangeably. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/11/2023 at 2:41 PM, trugamer said:

on the website it says Line 6 Helix LT and Helix Floor has 63 amp and 37 cabs, but on the page of Helix Rack it says the Floor and Rack have 93 amps and 65 cabs.

The website has not been updated on the LT page.

Nothing to worry about, the LT has everything the Rack & Floor has regarding amps/effects. There are just some physical and functional differences, some already mentioned above.