Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vocalist upgrades on the floor

psalcal

Hey everyone.  Just a quick question I hope.  I have an HX Stomp XL and use it for my live stuff but I'm also a lead vocalist, and I have a Voicelive2 for my voice.  My dream is to combine the two things into one single rig.  The Floor seems like the perfect solution but it's missing some pretty important features, especially vocally-oriented doubling and harmony effects.  Is there any plan to include those effects in a future update?  I do know about the competition in the Prime which appears to have the vocal chain I need but not the flexibility i need and not the HX Floor's horsepower and routing.  For now I'm sticking with two units but I'm hoping the L6 gods decide to put some of their development cycles into something special for the vocalists... 

Line 6 does not announce feature updates in advance so the answer to your question is: nobody knows. 

Of course, you can simply place your Voicelive2 device in the Helix FX Loop,  but you would still be using two rigs.

Use Ideascale to make an official feature request.

Have you tried the Twin Harmony effect? It's based on an Eventide H3000. I have no idea how it would work with vocals. You'd have to somehow get your mic signal into the Stomp but it would be a free way of seeing how well it works since the Stomp has every amp/effect the Helix has.

On 4/14/2023 at 9:01 AM, brue58ski said:

Have you tried the Twin Harmony effect? It's based on an Eventide H3000. I have no idea how it would work with vocals. You'd have to somehow get your mic signal into the Stomp but it would be a free way of seeing how well it works since the Stomp has every amp/effect the Helix has.

That's a good idea, and easy enough to do... that could solve one gap, but the harmony gap is probably bigger for me.  I don't use harmony effects too much as designed, I use it as a creative effect.  

I will use Ideascale to put in an official feature request, thank you for that.