Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

using boss wl20-l with hx stomp

toeknee42

I am finding that I can't use the boss wl20-l with my hx stomp. When plugged in, I get sound if it's not on or as it is booting up. Once it is booted up (hx stomp) then the sound stops. Is there a way to get the hx stomp to play out the sound? It is communicating properly because it works when it is booting up. I have re-paired the boss wl20-l before connecting as well. I have spoken to Boss and they don't have an answer for this issue.

It should work. I had one for couple of weeks (that I returned as imho was sounding awful).

The audio you hear when it's booting it's the analog pass thru. Is it working with a standard cable?

Are you using the original HX Stomp power supply?

Also try with a mono adapter (female to male) as that TRS jack can create issues with the TS at the HX stomp input.

thanks for the response silverhead and pierm, I am able to use regular cables with the hx stomp and it works fine. I can use the wl20's on my guitar and amp or audio interface (focusrite 2i2) and there is no problem. I do get the analog pass thru which tells me the wl20's are communicating, then they stop when it is booted up. I am using all original parts (power supply is the one for hx stomp). So, they are working just not when it's booted up. I have the latest firmware update as well. I tried pluggin in the wl20 after it is booted up and it worked once-but I couldn't repeat it. So, perhaps it's the channel it's using or there is something in the programming of the hx stomp that goes into by-pass mode. I'm leaning on channel issues with the wl20 since it did work once. PierM, thanks for the info on the mono adapter I will get one and try it and get back to you.

• Upvote 1