Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there an amp that emulates the actual Champion 100 amp by Fender?

daveaphotopod

The Champion 100 amp has emulations of other amps, such as deluxe reverbs and twin reverbs, so I know the first instinct is to say "well use the Deluxe Reverb or Twin Reverb options in the POD GO. However, those amps are well under 100W in reality and the Champion 100 is....100. 

And as you turn up the volume/gain, as you may know on a real deluxe reverb, and it's entry in the POD GO, you start to hear those tubes overdrive, which is great. However, the Champion 100, you get the benefit of sounding like a Twin Reverb with MUCH more headroom. And as you may know, the twin reverb on the POD GO is (sort of) quiet. The only way I determined to get around this is to add a gain option at the end of the chain. 

Is that the only option or is there another head/cab/technique that I am not thinking of that will emulate what the Champion 100 amp does? Hope that makes sense.