Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Newbie looking for tap/tuner advice...

Froggy5326

Hey all.   I'm drinking from a firehose here on all of the tutorials, advice columns, walkthroughs etc...  I'm beginning to get my arms wrapped around most of the effects setting and parameters, have some cool sounds downloaded and having fun with the pedal (HX Stomp) but can't seem to find (or understand) how to get to global settings like switch colors and all. 

I'm seeing the Bypass/Assign section inside each block... and I'll get to that later, but I can't figure out how to alter how the tap/tuner button works.  Seems like all of the tutorials are for the Helix, not the HX stomp.   What I'd like to do is keep it from flashing... for starters... and in an ideal world, it would simply be another stomp pedal for another effect on/off and holding it down gets you to the tuner.   I can input any BPM manually on effects that need it.  

Barring that... anyone know where the LED effects are for the Tap/Tuner button? At the very least I'd like to kill the LED.  Very annoying, and distracting in a dark room.  

Thanks in advance,

Wes

For the Tuner LED a see Global Settings -> Displays, knob 2.

To access Global Settings (quoting from the manual):

1. Press <PAGE and PAGE> together to open the Menu.
2. Press PAGE> and then press Knob 2 (Global Settings).
3. Turn the Upper Knob to select one of the six submenus. If necessary, press PAGE to view more parameters.

Global Settings > Display > Tap LED
deactivating the 'Tap LED' setting should do the trick 

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a4010c935bb66a4c0c44f/application/pdf/HX Stomp Manual - English .pdf

page 43  

I don't think you can assign a different function to the Tap Button. Afaik this is only possible with the Helix Floor. I own an Helix LT and it doesn't support it

On 6/21/2023 at 4:12 AM, Blumi_guitar said:

Global Settings > Display > Tap LED
deactivating the 'Tap LED' setting should do the trick 

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a4010c935bb66a4c0c44f/application/pdf/HX Stomp Manual - English .pdf

page 43  

I don't think you can assign a different function to the Tap Button. Afaik this is only possible with the Helix Floor. I own an Helix LT and it doesn't support it

Tap/Tuner button cannot be assigned to do other things, same as the Mode button. 

• Upvote 1