Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Per-patch snapshot behavior?

MikeMcK

I feel like a dummy for asking, since I'm sure I've seen the answer to this years ago (but can't find it).

I know you can globally set snapshot behavior so that selecting a snapshot does not take you out of snapshot mode. However, I recently download some patches for a specific gig, and some of them stay in snapshot mode when I select a snapshot and some don't.

Can you set that behavior per patch? IOW, most of my snapshot patches stay in snapshot mode when I select a snapshot, but one new one does not, and I'd like to set that one to stay in snapshot mode until I purposely want to select a new patch. What am I missing? 

A little background: I'm definitely not a Helix power user. I gig with mine a lot, but only touch the editor when I have to. Put it this way: I only recently updated from v. 3.15. 

A recent firmware update (can’t recall what version) introduced a new feature in Command Centre that allows you to assign any footswitch to recall a snapshot while in Stomp mode. You may be seeing this behaviour, unfamiliar to you. Your Helix remains in Stomp mode although a snapshot footswitch is available.

Check that out, then return here if there’s still any problem or confusion.

Press the Mode button... you are probably in pedal board mode...  If you are then the snapshot buttons will disappear/reappear if they are not assigned to buttons using Command Center (look it up).

A somewhat related example... I have all my presets running in snapshot mode -- 8 snaps.  To avoid my snapshot buttons disappearing, I recreated all of my snapshot buttons in stomp mode.  So if I press the "mode" button, I will still see the same snapshots, but without the up/down buttons.

• Like 1