Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Command Center assignments having no affect at all

zanderwel

I'm using a Helix LT on version 3.6. I'm trying top configure footswitches 1 and 7 to select certain snap shots. All the assignments are setup correctly based on tutorials I've seen online (see screen shot for example). This is not impacting the functionality of my footswitches at all. When I press footswitches 1 or 7, they cycle through my 8 snapshots rather than selecting the specific snapshot as programmed in command center. Global settings for footswitches are also shown below, with I've played with a bunch, no setting seems to allow me to actually impact footswitch behaviour with command center. I've tried setting this on both the device and using HX Edit. Any ideas?

image.png

image.png

On 7/9/2023 at 3:30 PM, zanderwel said:

Well... that would explain things lol I didn't realize that. Is there even a way to just disable any of footswitches 1,6,7 and 12 on the LT?

You can disable FS's 1 and 7:

You would need to create a global settings profile on Helix Floor with the 10-stomp mode. Within that profile, you simply do not assign anything to those footswitches.  Then you can upload that global settings profile onto your LT.  End-result: you can disable your up/down buttons from doing anything.  Comes in handy, because of the proximity of the A-buttons to the up/down buttons.  You cannot change the assignment of the Mode or Tap tempo buttons, however.

On 7/9/2023 at 5:36 PM, theElevators said:

You can disable FS's 1 and 7:

You would need to create a global settings profile on Helix Floor with the 10-stomp mode. Within that profile, you simply do not assign anything to those footswitches.  Then you can upload that global settings profile onto your LT.  End-result: you can disable your up/down buttons from doing anything.  Comes in handy, because of the proximity of the A-buttons to the up/down buttons.  You cannot change the assignment of the Mode or Tap tempo buttons, however.

I don't have access to a helix floor. Do you know of somewhere I can download such a global profile?

On 7/9/2023 at 4:55 PM, zanderwel said:

I don't have access to a helix floor. Do you know of somewhere I can download such a global profile?

No, You can ask somebody (here) to do that for you for example.  Attach your backup and somebody can open it up on their Helix Floor....

I cannot do it, because my HX version is behind--I'm on 3.11.  But somebody who is on the later version can easily do this for you in 10 minutes.

To be clear: there is a setting "10 stomp mode", it needs to be enabled for OP.  That setting is only configurable on Helix Floor.  That setting, even though is not accessible on the Helix LT, still affects how the Command Center works. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having difficulty as well. I have the LT. I understand the FS 1 and 7 cannot be altered/ I m trying to assign snapshot 1 and 2 to be on FS 8, so I can toggle between them, and the same for FS 9, with snapshot 3 and 4. The remaining FS's are going to have stomps assigned. 

Once I save it this way, If I hit FS 8 , then FS 9, it starts me cycling through ALL of my snap shots. I  DO NOT want this. Am I doing something wrong, or is that NOT the way command center works. I have also been on the phone several times with support, and they cannot seem to figure it out. Thank you....

On 7/18/2023 at 5:35 PM, georgevoigt said:

I'm having difficulty as well. I have the LT. I understand the FS 1 and 7 cannot be altered/ I m trying to assign snapshot 1 and 2 to be on FS 8, so I can toggle between them, and the same for FS 9, with snapshot 3 and 4. The remaining FS's are going to have stomps assigned. 

Once I save it this way, If I hit FS 8 , then FS 9, it starts me cycling through ALL of my snap shots. I  DO NOT want this. Am I doing something wrong, or is that NOT the way command center works. I have also been on the phone several times with support, and they cannot seem to figure it out. Thank you....

Are you sure what you are experiencing is not a result of the changes made in firmware 3.15

From the release notes:

• Command Center > HX Snapshot command parameters can now be controlled by Snapshots themselves. For example, imagine that you are on Snapshot 1 and create an HX Snapshot command on FS2. You set it so that pressing that switch recalls Snapshot 3. You then switch to Snapshot 3 and set the same switch to recall Snapshot 6. Recall Snapshot 6 and set the switch to recall Snapshot 2. Finally, you recall Snapshot 2 and set the switch to recall Snapshot 1. Now, you go back to Snapshot 1 and begin pressing the switch. Each successive press recalls the assigned Snapshot and you would cycle Snapshot  1 > 3 > 6 > 2 > 1 > 3 > 6 > 2 and so on for each switch press. NOTE: this assumes that the Snapshot Edits global is set to Recall. If it's set to Discard, you'd have to save the preset after each set in order for the changes to stick

Hope this helps/makes sense.