Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD PRO X sound is interrupted

Alexandr_666

It’s normal for the tuner to be in Mute mode, which cuts off the sound,  because you typically don’t want your audience to listen as you tune up. So if you are just talking about your tuner cutting the sound off, that’s normal behaviour.

Or is there something else going on?

On 7/16/2023 at 3:16 PM, silverhead said:

It’s normal for the tuner to be in Mute mode, which cuts off the sound,  because you typically don’t want your audience to listen as you tune up. So if you are just talking about your tuner cutting the sound off, that’s normal behaviour.

Or is there something else going on?

Listen to the attached audio file. When sound processing is in progress, the sound is interrupted on all presets. But when the bypass is turned on, the sound is smooth.

The attachment is a file with extension php. Excuse my ignorance but I don’t know what that filetype is or how to open it.

Note: The file I downloaded is named attachment.php and the file size is 0KB.

Regardless I still don’t know exactly what you mean by ‘when the bypass is turned on’. What is it that you are turning on, and what are you doing to turn it on?

On 7/16/2023 at 3:27 PM, silverhead said:

The attachment is a file with extension php. Excuse my ignorance but I don’t know what that filetype is or how to open it.

Regardless I still don’t know exactly what you mean by ‘when the bypass is turned on’. What is it that you are turning on, and what are you doing to turn it on?

video link

http://file.sampo.ru/njk9f4/

OK. I was able to view the video.

One thing I observe is that there is an interruption in the sound every time you switch from one preset to another. That is normal and unavoidable because it takes a few milliseconds for your ProX to load the new preset data into its audio engine.

But I think what you are talking about is a sort of phasing that I hear while the sound is trailing off within each preset, and that does not happen in the Tuner. It sounds to me like a Modulation FX block is pulsing or some other blocks are out of phase with each other. It seems like this is happening with factory presets (e.g. Son of Plexi) so I don’t think it’s a preset issue. I think it’s either a hardware problem with your ProX device or an issue with your external equipment such as speaker setup.

Do you hear this through the headphones output?

On 7/16/2023 at 4:12 PM, silverhead said:

OK. I was able to view the video.

One thing I observe is that there is an interruption in the sound every time you switch from one preset to another. That is normal and unavoidable because it takes a few milliseconds for your ProX to load the new preset data into its audio engine.

But I think what you are talking about is a sort of phasing that I hear while the sound is trailing off within each preset, and that does not happen in the Tuner. It sounds to me like a Modulation FX block is pulsing or some other blocks are out of phase with each other. It seems like this is happening with factory presets (e.g. Son of Plexi) so I don’t think it’s a preset issue. I think it’s either a hardware problem with your ProX device or an issue with your external equipment such as speaker setup.

Do you hear this through the headphones output?

when creating new pesetas, the sound also pulses. this happens both through headphones and when connecting a guitar to all other inputs.

That suggests a problem with the ProX device. I suggest you reinstall the firmware to see if this helps. Use the Downloads link at the top of this page. In the Choose Hardware field select POD HD ProX. In the Choose Software field select Firmware. Follow the installation instructions for the latest firmware, v2.62.

If the problem persists it is probably a hardware issue. Open a support ticket.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:28 PM, silverhead said:

That suggests a problem with the ProX device. I suggest you reinstall the firmware to see if this helps. Use the Downloads link at the top of this page. In the Choose Hardware field select POD HD ProX. In the Choose Software field select Firmware. Follow the installation instructions for the latest firmware, v2.62.

If the problem persists it is probably a hardware issue. Open a support ticket.

reinstalling the firmware did not help. I tried to roll back and install 2.62 again ....

If all other input and output and fx variables have been investigated.... 

I would try moving the device... just the one device... into another room using another outlet on another circuit. Away from all air conditioners, refrigerators, cell phones, watches...   

To me, the cycle is constant. Something that may occur from interference.