Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Marketplace download issue

TheViking69

Hello.

I recently purchased an HX Stomp XL. I bought two Preset Bundles from Marketplace. The first one, The Ultimate Bass Bundle, imported into HX Edit presets fine. The second one, Nashville Bass Pack (Hot Chicken), gives me a "8701 Preset translation not supported. dsp block constraint" message. Why will it not import? 

Thanks.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:35 PM, TheViking69 said:

gives me a "8701 Preset translation not supported. dsp block constraint" message. Why will it not import? 

Hi, 

A couple of days back a guy had a similar Error Code issue with a preset he downloaded from CustomTone.

The clue is in the bit which says, "DSP block constraint", which means the preset was designed to be use on the Helix units with dual DSPs and double the amount of blocks and paths than those available in the HX Stomp and HX Stomp XL. 

I just checked "Nashville Bass Pack (Hot Chicken)" on MarketPlace and there are 2 versions of the pack available - on for Helix and one for HX Stomp - guess you must have clicked on the wrong option.

Contact the vendor and ask for a swap out as you made the purchase by mistake.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2023 at 11:54 AM, datacommando said:

Hi, 

A couple of days back a guy had a similar Error Code issue with a preset he downloaded from CustomTone.

The clue is in the bit which says, "DSP block constraint", which means the preset was designed to be use on the Helix units with dual DSPs and double the amount of blocks and paths than those available in the HX Stomp and HX Stomp XL. 

I just checked "Nashville Bass Pack (Hot Chicken)" on MarketPlace and there are 2 versions of the pack available - on for Helix and one for HX Stomp - guess you must have clicked on the wrong option.

Contact the vendor and ask for a swap out as you made the purchase by mistake.

Hey. Thanks for responding. I double checked (Image Attached), and I purchased the correct one. Thanks.

image.png

On 7/26/2023 at 3:14 PM, TheViking69 said:

Hey. Thanks for responding. I double checked (Image Attached), and I purchased the correct one. Thanks.

Hi,

Yes. that does look like it is the correct package, but I would still advise contacting the guy who is selling these on Marketplace. It's not impossible that he has mistakenly uploaded the wrong version of the package, or there is something in the file that pushes it over edge of DSP power.

You still need to advise the vendor of the issue and have him investigate the cause of the problem. It's not good to him if his customers pay for something they cannot use.

EDIT:

You can quickly check if the preset that cannot be loaded is at fault by checking the .hlx file using this on-line service. If it shows more than 2 paths it's not going to work on a Stomp.

https://dbagchee.github.io/helix-preset-viewer/

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 11:31 AM, datacommando said:

Hi,

Yes. that does look like it is the correct package, but I would still advise contacting the guy who is selling these on Marketplace. It's not impossible that he has mistakenly uploaded the wrong version of the package, or there is something in the file that pushes it over edge of DSP power.

You still need to advise the vendor of the issue and have him investigate the cause of the problem. It's not good to him if his customers pay for something they cannot use.

EDIT:

You can quickly check if the preset that cannot be loaded is at fault by checking the .hlx file using this on-line service. If it shows more than 2 paths it's not going to work on a Stomp.

https://dbagchee.github.io/helix-preset-viewer/

Thanks for the assistance. I will definitely contact the seller. Being new, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't me. I'll also check out that link. Thanks!

• Upvote 1