Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cant get Vox v875 to work with HX Stomp

mylec

Hey all, I purchased a Boss BD2 along with a Vox v875 today and couldnt seem to get it to work with my HX Stomp. I currently have my guitar plugged into my vox, then the vox plugged into my BD2, and then into the L/Mono input on my HX Stomp. Anyone know what to do to get it to work? I tested only having the BD2 plugged in and it works fine, but the second I have the v875 added, theres no sound output. If it helps, I also have a dual footswitch plugged into my exp1/2 input on the stomp. 

Here is a photo of the current setup. Please let me know if anyone knows the solution to my problem.

setup.jpg

On 9/2/2023 at 11:20 AM, mylec said:

Hey all, I purchased a Boss BD2 along with a Vox v875 today and couldnt seem to get it to work with my HX Stomp. I currently have my guitar plugged into my vox, then the vox plugged into my BD2, and then into the L/Mono input on my HX Stomp. Anyone know what to do to get it to work? I tested only having the BD2 plugged in and it works fine, but the second I have the v875 added, theres no sound output. If it helps, I also have a dual footswitch plugged into my exp1/2 input on the stomp. 

Here is a photo of the current setup. Please let me know if anyone knows the solution to my problem.

setup.jpg

Hi,

I guess you actually mean the Vox V845 Wah pedal? Anyhow, you said that you tried using the Blues Driver only into the HX Stomp and it works fine. Did you also try just connecting the wah alone to see if that functions? Also, I know this seems obvious, but have you checked the battery in the Vox (and patch cables)?

If the wah works sticking it directly into the Stomp, then you could try patching the BD-2 into the FX Loop right at the front of your signal chain. Make sure the impedance is matched for your external pedal.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 9/2/2023 at 9:42 PM, datacommando said:

Thanks for replying! I did only plug the v845 in but it also didn't work. As for the patch cables, they are fine also. 

For the battery, do I need to have a power cable with this? I saw in some videos where they had and others they didn't.

Hi,

I guess you actually mean the Vox V845 Wah pedal? Anyhow, you said that you tried using the Blues Driver only into the HX Stomp and it works fine. Did you also try just connecting the wah alone to see if that functions? Also, I know this seems obvious, but have you checked the battery in the Vox (and patch cables)?

If the wah works sticking it directly into the Stomp, then you could try patching the BD-2 into the FX Loop right at the front of your signal chain. Make sure the impedance is matched for your external pedal.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 9/2/2023 at 9:32 PM, Schmalle said:

It can only be something before the Blues Driver that is causing this.

• Vox's battery empty?
  • Vox defective?
  • cable defective?

Dont think its a defective cable, and ill find a time to go check if itself is defective.

In the meantime, where the battery located? Wanna try to replace it. 

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2023 at 3:43 PM, mylec said:

In the meantime, where the battery located? Wanna try to replace it. 

WAH-WAH PEDAL OPERATION MANUAL
Battery installation
Remove the 4 screws from the rubber feet that secure the bottom cover. And then install a 9-volt battery (6F22/6LF22/6FR61), being sure to connect the correct polarity.
If you plan on not using the pedal for an extended period of time, remove the battery to avoid damage caused by leakage. You can connect an optional AC adapter (DC9V ) to DC9V jack.

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2023 at 2:42 PM, mylec said:

For the battery, do I need to have a power cable with this? I saw in some videos where they had and others they didn't.

Hi,

As far as I know, the AC power supply is an optional extra, which is sold separately. Also se reply from “Schmalle” above.

Simply use a 9v DC battery, installed as specified in the operating instructions that come with the wah, or download as a pdf from here:

https://voxamps.com/en-gb/product/v845-wah-pedal/

Hope this helps makes sense.

On 9/4/2023 at 12:50 PM, mylec said:

Solved the issue, turns out I was a idiot and just needed to install a battery. (in my defense I thought there was one pre installed hahahah) 

Just to avoid you asking the follow-up question in the future: yes, batteries can run empty at times and then need to be replaced.

• Upvote 1