Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

3.62 Edit Update and Mac Sonoma 14.0 - Update Won't Install

spf2010

Good Morning, 

I am using an HX Stomp XL. 

A few weeks ago, I updated my Mac recently to Sonoma 14.0. The other day, Helix Edit told me that there is an update - 3.62. It downloads and shows that it installs, but it doesn't. It finishes and says installed, but when I open HX Edit, it hasn't actually installed and it tells me that there is an update available. 

Has anyone figured this out? Is HX Edit not compatible yet with the new Sonoma iOS or is there a permission issue that I need to remedy?

Thank you in advance!

Shawn

On 10/28/2023 at 1:44 PM, spf2010 said:

Is HX Edit not compatible yet with the new Sonoma iO

Hi,

From the download page:-

HX Edit 3.62 Release Notes

Compatible OS: Mac OS X, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur, macOS Monterey, macOS Ventura, macOS Sonoma.

If you have encountered the “Legacy System Extension” dialogue pop up, you simply have to click “OK”. This should be a one time event. If you encounter further issues, try clicking on the “DOWNLOADS” button at the top of this page, and then from the “Choose Software” drop down menu select “HX Edit”, the similarly with “Choose OS” select “Mac OSX”, click the “Go” button. Next download and install a clean version of HX Edit v. 3.62 once more.

Note: The update to v3.62 is for HX Edit only strictly for “bug fixing”, there is no Firmware 3.62.

Hope this helps/ makes sense.

• Like 2