Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Adding a stereo pedal in the sends/returns of HX Effects

brunoots

Hello,

I've been looking around here in the forum without result, but I have this Boss SL-20 slicer pedal that I want to integrate in my HX.

So its input is mono and the output stereo.  Is there a way to use one send/return with stereo jack in return or do I have to use both sends/returns?
Thanks very much for enlightening me!

Bruno

From what I have gathered in the manual, you can send mono and receive stereo but not the way you're describing. as far as I can tell, the return is not a stereo jack, i.e. TRS. It looks like both returns are mono. I can find no documentation to confirm or deny this. I do not have an HX stomp so I can't try this. I would try using a stereo send/return block. But use a mono 1/4" to go to your SL-20 from the send, and then you will have to have two separate mono 1/4" cables coming from the SL-20 in order to got into both of the Returns. Hope this helps.

On 11/5/2023 at 4:07 AM, brunoots said:

Is there a way to use one send/return with stereo jack in return or do I have to use both sends/returns?

The only way to achieve a stereo return is to use both returns on the HX Effects. 

Option One - Stereo Loop using one block

Use a Y cable to output Send 1/2 to a single mono input, or just try using one of the sends to see if you have enough signal. The other send is still getting the same signal, so it cannot be repurposed. 

Option Two - Using two blocks

Insert a MONO Send (1 or 2) to send to the effect

Insert a STEREO RETURN

This option uses more blocks, but still leaves the other SEND open to use for something ese.