Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bricked after 2.0 update?

joshjryan

Hello,

I just tried to update my POD Go with the 2.0 update, and it won't boot now.

I'm using MacOS.

I plugged my POD Go into the computer, and followed the instructions/prompts and updated POD Go Edit to 2.0 first. Once that completed, it prompted me to back up the Pod GO (which I did), and then prompted me to update the firmware to 2.0.  I did that and the POD Go Edit software said that the update was successful, but the POD Go still said "Updating". I waited ~10 minutes, and when it didn't change I rebooted the unit.

After that reboot, it was stuck on the regular splash screen (still stating that it has version 1.40).  I rebooted a few times, and disconnected/reconnected the USB cable with no improvement (POD Go Edit says that it's disconnected).

I tried reverting to 1.42 on the computer. Same result. Tried booting the POD Go into Update mode and the screen turns white (as well as down-arrow and D, with red TAP), but the computer still doesn't see it.  I tried restoring factory defaults (booting with C and D down), and the screen says that it will reset, but never advances past that message.

So, TL;DR I've tried everything, and it won't boot, and the computer won't detect it.

Please help.

20231107_132803.jpg

20231107_134816.jpg

I also have the same problem. First tried on a Win11 Pro computer that locked up the PodGo.

Switched to a Win 10 machine that will not recognize the existence of the PodGo! 

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

• Upvote 1

phil_m,

Thank you so much for the information. Tried loading 2.0 several times with no success. It would start but then send an error message. Went back to v. 1.4 and used another USB cable and port. Update/restore went through! Did it on my Win 10 Pro machine. Not sure if I'll upgrade to 2.0 for a while.....

Thanks again! Have a great evening!

RK

Just so you are aware I had the same issue but its now resolved.

I used the updater program, followed the instructions if the update fails and reverted back to 1.4. It then allowed me to complete the recent update and everything is working fine.

Quick tip - use a correct USB cable 2.0 if not then your updates will fail (well it did for me)

On 11/8/2023 at 10:29 PM, rkislia said:

phil_m,

Thank you so much for the information. Tried loading 2.0 several times with no success. It would start but then send an error message. Went back to v. 1.4 and used another USB cable and port. Update/restore went through! Did it on my Win 10 Pro machine. Not sure if I'll upgrade to 2.0 for a while.....

Thanks again! Have a great evening!

RK

Since the v1.4 installation was successful it sounds to me like a different USB cable and port solved the issue. I would try updating to v2.0 again. There’s no reason to think v2.0 installation will fail after v1.4 succeeded.

I’ll try the v2.0 with the Updater. The cables, ports and computers were changed numerous times when I was trying to use PodGo Edit. Nothing worked until switching to Line 6 Updater on the Win 10 machine.  Apparently the PodGo Edit and Win 11 have some conflicts. Thanks for your help with this.

On 11/8/2023 at 9:42 PM, silverhead said:

I followed the instructions and it worked! Thanks for the info!

Using a MacBook with Type-C ports only and having to connect the Pod Go via a hub might be the cause of the failure. That was my case.  

The problem was solved by using an old laptop with regular USB ports, which enables a direct connection with the Pod Go. 

For Windows users, please first install Pod Go Edit to install Pod Go driver, or the Line 6 Updater would not recognize your device when you plug it in.

OK - I've had this exact problem, and fixed with the help of customer support.

I'm using a Mac...

1. Get a USB-C -> USB-B cable (save using a hub / adapter as I was having to use before)

2. Download Line6 Installer - and log in with your account

3. Start up the Pod Go - pressing Page Right to put it into Update mode

4. Connect Pod Go to the laptop 

5. Choose to update 'Uknown Pod Go (Wireless) '

6. Choose to upgrade to Firmware 1.4

7. Assuming that's ok (it should get the Pod Go out of bering bricked) - then quit Line 6 Updater, and open up Pod Go Edit 2.0

8. Follow the instructions to do the firmware update to 2.0 - including doing a back up (note - it took me about 10 mins to get to 10% and then went pretty rapidly after). That should give you a fully working PodGo with 2.0 firmware.

9. That should be it  - they also suggested to me to then do a factory reset (press C + D when you reboot) - which I did..

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...