Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX EDIT - Block effect settings - FACTORY vs USER default

tacoma50

I added a SCRIPT MOD PHASE to a block. If I right click on the block I see options of FACTORY or USER default.
I know it seems obvious about these settings, but I am a bit confused on how these settings work. I could not find anything in HX EDIT manual.

It seems it's affected by if you edit settings  for block and then if you save it or not.

Does setting FAC or USER affect globally for effect or just in this preset?

I want a way to ALWAYS to be able to retrieve the FACTORY setting for any effect.

Can anyone elaborate more on the nuances of the FAC and USER default options for an effect.

• Confused 1

Every FX block has Factory settings and optional User settings which are the settings applied when you select that block from the models list to add to a preset. In order to specify User settings you need to consciously do so, and that’s typically done in situations where you want to replace the factory default settings with your own custom default settings. After doing so your custom settings will be used when you select the block from the standard models list.

Helix also offers you the option to separately save your own custom Favourites settings for each block. Once you define a block as a Favourite you have the option to recall those settings, rather than the Factory/User settings when you add the block to a preset. The Favourites settings are stored at the very top of the model list to keep them separate from the Factory/User settings that appear in the standard model list.

These settings are global. Your Favourites are available at all times during preset construction. The Factory or User settings for each model are also always available, and unless you have specifically defined a User model to replace the factory settings for that model the Factory settings are used.

In addition you can change settings for any block in any preset, and when you Save the preset these changes are saved with those settings for that block in that preset only. The preset-specific changes are not stored in the Factory/User or Favourites settings for that block.

In order to always have the factory settings use the standard list of blocks (not Favourites) during preset construction and do not specify any User settings.

• Upvote 3