Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

computer connection to updates

ctmusick

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you using Mac or Windows?

In order to have your Windows computer recognize your Helix you need to have the Line 6 Helix Driver installed.

I’m not sure what you mean by “the helix doesn't show on the download screen as an available device.” You can install firmware, or download preset files, to the Helix device only by using the HX Edit program. I suggest you visit the Download section of this website (see link at top of this page) and begin by downloading and installing all components of the HX Edit v3.70 software package. Then connect your Helix via USB and run the HX Edit program. Follow all prompts if an available firmware update is noted.

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2024 at 2:01 PM, ctmusick said:

I've connected my computer to the line 6 helix via the usb, however: the helix doesn't show on the download screen as an available device.  What do I do to correct this?

Hi,

When seeking assistance from Forum users it's a really good idea to supply as much information as possible regarding your computer and operating system.

Anyhow here is an official Line 6 video that explains how to update using a Mac - It is essentially the same for Windows.

How to Update the Firmware is also detailed on Page 5 of the Helix Owner's Manual.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f041b611d61cac763b/application/pdf/Helix 3.0 Owner's Manual - English .pdf

Hope this helps/makes sense

Edited by datacommando
Added link