Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Parameters settings problems between snapshots

Faab1990

hi i have a question,

If I have set my parameters correctly by default and I want to have a slightly different parameter on snapshot 1, for example, I can change that, but if I then go to snapshot 2 and change the same parameter, I also have to change everything on Snapshot no. 3 ,4,5,6,7,8 but in these snapshots I want to keep it all the same. Is there a possibility that the others will also follow along if I change something on the other snapshots?

Hopefully someone understands what I mean and can help me.

thank you in advance,

Fabian
  • Confused 1

• Faab1990 changed the title to Parameters settings problems between snapshots

First, PLEASE, just type directly into the reply box. Whatever you did there is very difficult to read.

When you assign a Command TYPE to either an Instant Command or a Footswitch, the TYPE of command will be the same in EVERY Snapshot.

The specific PARAMETERS of that command will default to that command's DEFAULT settings in all other Snapshots.

EXAMPLE:

The DEFAULT parameters for the "MIDI CC" command type are MIDI Channel = BASE CC#0 VALUE 0.

So, if in Snapshot 1 you set Footswitch 1 to Command TYPE = MIDI CC with Parameters:

MIDI Channel = 16 CC#5 VALUE 127

THEN

FS1 in every other Snapshot will default to type MIDI CC - MIDI Channel = BASE CC#0 VALUE 0.

If you want the parameters of FS1 to be something other than MIDI Channel = BASE CC#0 VALUE 0 in the other Snapshots then you need to set those Snapshots individually to other parameter values.

If you want the other Snapshots to be identical to Snapshot 1 then you can use the copy/paste functions by right-clicking on the IC or FS.

• Upvote 1

If you are talking about having an amplifier block for example and changing one parameter between snapshots....  You can simply add the block to the preset.  Set all the parameter values as you need.  Then in HX Edit right-click on the parameter "Gain" and assign it to "snapshots".  That way you get square brackets, like [Gain].  Then you can go into individual snapshots, change the Gain amount to 10, 11, 12 and save it like that in different snapshots.  If you realize that you want the value of Gain to be the same in all snapshots, then again right-click on the [Gain] parameter, assign it to "None".  Then the square brackets will disappear and it will say "Gain" (not no square brackets).  Now you can set the value of Gain to whatever you want.  Once you save it, then all snapshots will have the same value.  Want to change the Gain in one specific snapshot?  Then repeat the process of assigning gain to "snapshots", go into a specific snapshot, and change the value. 

I use this trick sometimes if I realize that in most snapshots the value should be changed, I remove the "snapshot" assignment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/17/2024 at 12:10 PM, theElevators said:

If you are talking about having an amplifier block for example and changing one parameter between snapshots....  You can simply add the block to the preset.  Set all the parameter values as you need.  Then in HX Edit right-click on the parameter "Gain" and assign it to "snapshots".  That way you get square brackets, like [Gain].  Then you can go into individual snapshots, change the Gain amount to 10, 11, 12 and save it like that in different snapshots.  If you realize that you want the value of Gain to be the same in all snapshots, then again right-click on the [Gain] parameter, assign it to "None".  Then the square brackets will disappear and it will say "Gain" (not no square brackets).  Now you can set the value of Gain to whatever you want.  Once you save it, then all snapshots will have the same value.  Want to change the Gain in one specific snapshot?  Then repeat the process of assigning gain to "snapshots", go into a specific snapshot, and change the value. 

I use this trick sometimes if I realize that in most snapshots the value should be changed, I remove the "snapshot" assignment.

I see what you did there ;-)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

oh yes I see, I think that will be the easiest way.

For example, I cannot get this symbol, this symbol [0,2] that surrounds it, only in snapshot 1, for example. so that when I am in other snapshots it just remains normal?

thank you everyone. :)