Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

catalyst update

ejsBB

I have a mac running OS Catalina 10.15.7  i down load the installer for catalyst update. I click to open and get this message "There is no application set to open the document “Catalyst_60_100_200_v2.01.0-rc7_0xc64b692(1).ctf”. i have tried using Safari and Firefox to open update and get the same message. Thanks for any help!!!

On 3/20/2024 at 3:59 PM, ejsBB said:

I have a mac running OS Catalina 10.15.7  i down load the installer for catalyst update. I click to open and get this message "There is no application set to open the document “Catalyst_60_100_200_v2.01.0-rc7_0xc64b692(1).ctf”. i have tried using Safari and Firefox to open update and get the same message. Thanks for any help!!!

The FW (firmware) update is done using the Line6Central Application. DL and install that first, then connect your Cat and turn it on.

L6Central will detect the Cat, report the installed FW and ask if you want to update it.

FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY including the post-update Factory Reset (back-up your existing presets if you want to have them to re-install later).

Then DL and install the Catalyst Editor apllication.

Thanks this makes sense. I need to update my browser or get a new laptop. i dont have enough room for the OS update. Thanks for sharing your know-how. Peace!!!

when i'm in the Catalyst Edit app... why doesn't the "amp type" name change at the top?  it just says the first amp in lineup:  Archetype clean.

how do i change amp types and see the current amp type reflect at the top?

Amp Type will show as whatever amp is loded in that Channel (A/B).

For instance, in the new Default Presets, Bank 3 Channel A is the CHIME, Channel B is the ELMSLEY.

There's no Elmsley on the Selector Knob.

Channel A shows Group 1 below the Selector Knob (CHIME). Channel B shows Group 2 (ELMSLEY).

Refer to the Pilot's Guide for the respective Group1/Group2 amps.

On 3/21/2024 at 2:15 PM, rd2rk said:

Amp Type will show as whatever amp is loded in that Channel (A/B).

For instance, in the new Default Presets, Bank 3 Channel A is the CHIME, Channel B is the ELMSLEY.

There's no Elmsley on the Selector Knob.

Channel A shows Group 1 below the Selector Knob (CHIME). Channel B shows Group 2 (ELMSLEY).

Refer to the Pilot's Guide for the respective Group1/Group2 amps.

what i'm saying is that when i'm turning the knob in the catalast app...  from clean, boutique, chime etc... the amp type at the top always says "clarity"..
why doesn't it change the other voicings?   how to a select one of the 12 amp types by name in the app?

If you're talking about the PRESET NAME at the very top of the screen, yes, that will remain the same as all you're doing by turning the Amp Selector Knob is changing the AMP in that PRESET.  That PRESET NAME will only change when you change PRESETs by changing the BANK or CHANNEL.

If I'm still not getting it, make a screen shot and SAVE it in PAINT with red arrows/numbers pointing to the specific areas of the UI that you are referring to in the text.

On 3/21/2024 at 4:57 PM, rd2rk said:

If you're talking about the PRESET NAME at the very top of the screen, yes, that will remain the same as all you're doing by turning the Amp Selector Knob is changing the AMP in that PRESET.  That PRESET NAME will only change when you change PRESETs by changing the BANK or CHANNEL.

If I'm still not getting it, make a screen shot and SAVE it in PAINT with red arrows/numbers pointing to the specific areas of the UI that you are referring to in the text.

i think you are getting it... but see pic... the knob is on "high gain" (amp isn't connected atm) however why doesn't is show the "high gain amp type"
Oblivion and Badonk... it just shows either clarity or archetype clean.... regardless.

when i load a new preset the name changes.... but what if i want to construct one from scratch?  it would be great to see the amp type that i'm working with reflected up on top...

cat.png

First thing you need to do is get the app connected to your computer.

You didn't show the upper right corner, but "Default Preset" usually indicates that your USB connection is not happening, else you'd see the name of the preset (BANK/CHANNEL name) in that location.

Is the GEAR ICON in the upper right corner flashing? if so, check your cables and make sure that you're properly connected.

On 3/21/2024 at 6:10 PM, rd2rk said:

First thing you need to do is get the app connected to your computer.

You didn't show the upper right corner, but "Default Preset" usually indicates that your USB connection is not happening, else you'd see the name of the preset (BANK/CHANNEL name) in that location.

Is the GEAR ICON in the upper right corner flashing? if so, check your cables and make sure that you're properly connected.

right, i apologize for creating confusion.  that pic was just for demo.   even when the app is connected to my PC... everything i mentioned above is happening.

The amp knob on the left is never reflected in the preset window

On 3/21/2024 at 6:35 PM, NC870 said:

The amp knob on the left is never reflected in the preset window

It will be if you include it in the preset name.

The display shows the preset name, not the amp. The amp is implicit in the combination of the Amp type and Group parameters

• Like 1