Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording with Helix as Interface and changing tones

rnrfantasy

Hi all...I'm new to the Helix Floor but have also started using it as my audio interface. I used to record using Bias FX 2, and I was able to change amps/etc. at will since I was using a plug-in and the guitar signal was recorded dry. If I'm using the Helix for my guitar tones how can I do that? Won't I be committing that certain guitar sound/amp when I record it? Some other info...I record on a Mac Mini, using Logic and Reaper. Thanks!

From the manual, USB AUDIO section:

Recording a Dry DI Track
For this example, we’ll record guitar into two DAW tracks simultaneously, with one capturing the Helix-processed tone and the other the unprocessed DI guitar.
In the Helix Global Settings>Ins/Outs>Page 3 screen, set Re-amp Src (USB 7) to “Guitar” (as shown above).
Dial in your desired Helix tone, while keeping the Helix Input and Output blocks both set to the default “Multi” setting.
Create two new audio tracks in your DAW software project:
Create one mono track to record the dry DI guitar, and set the track’s input to Helix USB 7.

Continued...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/27/2024 at 5:35 AM, rnrfantasy said:

Hi all...I'm new to the Helix Floor but have also started using it as my audio interface. I used to record using Bias FX 2, and I was able to change amps/etc. at will since I was using a plug-in and the guitar signal was recorded dry. If I'm using the Helix for my guitar tones how can I do that? Won't I be committing that certain guitar sound/amp when I record it? Some other info...I record on a Mac Mini, using Logic and Reaper. Thanks!

Hi,

Here’s a video of Pete Thorn doing exactly what you are wanting to achieve - it’s referred to as reamping.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1