Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Do you convert you old presets to the new amp models?

Nos402

Just curious how many of you bother to convert old presets to the newer amp models vs. just leaving them as is with the "legacy" model. Usually I will convert, but since it doesn't save the amp settings when you go to thew new amp model, occasionally if I really like the preset, I'll just leave it on a legacy model rather than try and re-tweak all the settings on the newer version.

I would say I've converted most of my active presets to newer amp models.  There are a few exceptions on amps that are very useful and unique such as the Jazz Rivet and the WhoWatt, but most of them are in the new camp and a lot are the new Line 6 creations.  In all cases all of my presets have been converted to the new cabinet models.

I leave the amp models as they were but I have converted my go-to presets to the new cab engine. When new amp models are released I try them out and if I like a particular one I will create a new go-to preset for it. Sometimes this will knock a previous go-to preset down to a lower spot in the pecking order.