Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp just bypassing automatically?

derrickc614

Hello! I've got the HX Stomp running firmware 3.71.0. I've got it plugged directly into a tube amp using mono channels. I haven't updated the firmware or changed anything recently. The last time I turned it on, it was fine. But now it seems like the unit is just bypassed. It turns on, I see the display, I'm able to manipulate the pedals and effects and use every feature. But it's not affecting the sound that's coming out of the amp at all. 

Has anyone had this happen to them in the past? I know that doing a factory reset is the likely the next step. I'm just worried about losing all my configurations, as well as the overall dependability of the unit in a gig setting at this point. 

Thanks for any insight!

I think I had this issue once or so, too, but it was just a matter of power cycling to get it fixed.

Is it like this every time you turn it on?

Is it dependent on the duration it was on?

Can you connect with HX Edit and perform a backup?

• Upvote 2

On 5/8/2024 at 9:46 PM, derrickc614 said:

Has anyone had this happen to them in the past?

Yes, I had something like that a few times since one of the recent firmware updates.

As @Schmalle said, turning the device off and on fixed it.

• Upvote 1

@Schmalle

@lou-kash

I've turned it off and back on a few times, but I'm still getting the same result, so it seems to be like this every time that I turn it on now. I haven't left it on for a long period of time and then tried again, so I'm not sure about the duration. 

I'm able to connect to HX Edit just fine. It's the same thing there - nothing I manipulate within the display makes a difference to the sound coming out of the amp. I'll back-up my presets, try a factory reset, and then report back. 

• Thanks 1

Well, I've done a complete factory reset, but it's still not working. I'm using the tuner feature and it's not muting the guitar or showing any signal into the HX Stomp. And yet the signal is still going through my HX Stomp and reaching my amp - it's like it's bypassing the unit entirely for some reason. 

I'm kind of at a loss on how to proceed here. I'll probably try contacting customer to support to see where that gets me. 

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who sees this in the future, I contacted Line 6 support. They had me reinstall the firmware, and that did not solve the issue. They sent me a shipping label and I've sent the Stomp to them for repairs. I'm due to receive it back in a day or so. I'll make an update then.

I did do some searching and have seen this issue mentioned elsewhere online. I think it's just random bad luck. Many times the problem is fixed by powering the Stomp off and on, but when that doesn't fix it, you'll likely need to send it back to Line 6. If it happens when you're outside of warranty, you'll be out of luck, I'm guessing. 

• Thanks 2