Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

problem with the output volume

utzi1963

I have a problem with the output volume. Pod go 2.0 Firmware 2.01
I use two identical POD go, identical backup on both devices, but the output level is different at the same volume setting. Is there another setting option that is not saved in the backup or is there a defect here? Does anyone know the problem?

Is the difference so great that it makes one of the devics unusable? 

There is a known hardware issue in some of the early POD Go models involving impedance with the Guitar input. It’s possible that this could cause a perception of different volumes. Contact Line 6 Support to determine whether your device is affected. If so, they offer a lifetime warranty repair for this issue.

the device is from 2023, the problem was not from the beginning, it only occurred recently. At the last gig I could no longer change banks and connected my replacement pod, that's when I first noticed it.
Thought a parameter may have changed. I loaded my last backup today, but it's unchanged.
Thanks for your feedback, I will contact Line6 support.

Check output level: "line" or "instrument" in global settings.  Just go through all of them and compare. 

I noticed that when you back up/restore from the pod go, these output levels do not get set correctly.  For example the setting whether the volume know controls amp/mains/or both outputs does not get set correctly when restoring from a backup.

I have reset to factory settings
restored my last backup. Everything was ok again.
I played through a 4-hour gig at the weekend without any problems and the level was correct again.
On my replacement device, I simply installed the same backup and everything worked fine.
My dealer said that if the error occurs again, I should send the device in.
Thank you very much for your support.