Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Couple dumb question about factory presets...

kyles3

Why do some of them have send/return blocks? I'm just running bass->HX Stomp->FRFR speaker with no other pedals, so are these send/return blocks actually doing anything, or can I just delete them? I did notice some of them are raising or lowering volume, so I was thinking maybe they're doing something in my case, but I'm not sure. I've never had an amp with an FX loop, so I don't understand all that stuff to begin with if I'm being honest.

Second question is, I've noticed some of the presets utilize the stereo chorus. Am I getting a bad version of the effect using the stereo version through a mono setup? Should I just be replacing the block with a mono effect?

Factory presets are there for demonstration purposes and as learning tools.

Should you choose to use them for performance (vs Best Practice - creating your own), delete what you don't need/modify as necessary.

Some stereo FX don't sound right when collapsed to mono. Experiment.

And... need I say it? READ THE MANUAL!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/1/2024 at 4:36 PM, kyles3 said:

I'm reading the manual and watching YT tutorials, but hoo boy is there a lot to get my head around as a lifelong bass-straight-into-amp guy. 

I hear that - I was you when I got my first Plug-in modeler - Amplitube 2, back in the digital stone-age.

Hang in there. Us bass players are a lot smarter than guitar players give us credit for ;-)

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2024 at 7:56 PM, rd2rk said:

Us bass players are a lot smarter than guitar players give us credit for ;-)

No argument there... bass players always have a gig, no matter how terrible they are (Michael Anthony, cough, cough) ;)