Sign in to follow this  
777funk

Guitarport Vs Toneport Through Gearbox. Same Workings And Use In Recording? I.e. No Cables?

I have a Toneport that I dig for recording guitar sounds. I've really enjoyed it for a  couple years. I also have an HD500 which is also a good product. I'd like to get a GuitarPort possibly in order to have something small that I can throw around a little easier than the previous two I mentioned.

Would the recording setup be the same with a Guitarport as it currently is with my Toneport?

Basically now I just plug in, launch the Gearbox Software and open my DAW with the Toneport as the interface.

Can I do the same with a GuitarPort?

All of the products you mention - Toneport, GuitarPort and Gearbox - are discontinued and if not already unsupported will be unsupported sooner rather than later.

Why not look at the current products that are designed to do the same: the Studio series of audio interfaces which include a Pod Farm license?

I appreciate the idea, however I like the familiarity of what I've got and the budget is small right now. I could just plug in with the HD500 and use that but I like the lack of cabling and bulk with the toneport.

Hey There,

It has been a long time since I fired up the ole GuitarPort but if I remember right it does work just like the Toneport but had more latency. I used the USB in to record in GuitarTracks (or something similar that came with it). You might want to run a search as I think Line 6 has/had a GuitarPort XT (more current).

-Bill