Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Meambobbo : Pod Hd Tone Guide

ColonelForbin

This makes a TON of great points, stuff I haven't taken the time to understand or appreciate in the four years I've owned the HD500!

Quick Guide

There are some good tips about how the signal path works, how the stereo / mono summing occurs, about what happens when you don't properly set up the inputs, about use of the noise gate vs hard gate - lots and lots of good tips and ideas. And cool animation style drawings / graphics!

Killing Fizz

Dual Cabs

Input Settings - quick

Input Settings - in depth

Patch Building Tips

Signal Routing

• Upvote 2

yup that guide floats around here quite a bit.  It certainly is very very informative if you really take the time to read through it all.  the section about pre-EQing to sculpt your distortion sound is awsome.  Before I read that I had no idea what all the different frequencies affected besides the basic stuff.

yup that guide floats around here quite a bit.  It certainly is very very informative if you really take the time to read through it all.  the section about pre-EQing to sculpt your distortion sound is awsome.  Before I read that I had no idea what all the different frequencies affected besides the basic stuff.

His is the only decent explanation of EQs inside the POD I am aware of. The so called manual is useless there.